30.1.12

Botany of Desire

I am not a fan of plants. I'm just not. The coolest ones are the carnivorous ones, and once the plant stops killing insects and small frogs and cool things, I run out of interest. That being said, plants are kind of important. I suggest reading The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan. To be sure, it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but plants are important. I am learning. Also, I broke down and bought a field guide to trees. It's ruining my life, because I'm not good enough to classify anything without the help of flower blooms.

Anyway, if you want the short version, Michael Pollan also gives a truly wonderful talk on TED [GREAT WEBSITE, CHECK IT OUT] which I'm including a link to, so that way you can be lazy and take the easy way out.

Please do consider actually reading it, though, Michael Pollan is a brilliant guy, and we should all appreciate plants a little bit more.